Why get an online tutor?
You might get an online tutor for a variety of reasons and every person is different. Before we do any sessions, we would have a chat about this but some common reasons are:
- You are behind in class and need to catch up so you can enjoy lessons again
- You feel like you need extra support in understanding ideas from class
- You need someone to hold you to account
Every student is different and so my approach will change according to their needs. However, there are some things that I would generally do with all students:
- Use retrieval practice (like questioning and exam questions) to find gaps in your understanding
- Re-teach to plug those gaps in understanding
- Re-test these ideas a week or two later (spaced practice)
Further, the technology I use will be the same for most students. I use Zoom video conferencing software, OneNote and iPad with Apple Pencil for our online lessons.
Enquire about booking online tutoring
Click here to enquire about booking online tutoring